The Cambridge Technical Extended certificate is designed to follow on from the OCR Sport Science course, although is not a requirement for students to have followed this course. These units will give learners an understanding of sport in the wider contexts of coaching and leadership, anatomy and physiology, the body’s short- and long-term responses to physical activity and the framework of sport in the UK and the organisations involved. Learners will also develop transferable skills such as planning, communication, adaptability and leadership.
Exam Board: OCR
Qualification Title: Cambridge Technical Diploma in Sport
Qualification Specification Code: 05827
Qualification Webpage: Click here to visit the OCR webpage for the specification.
Standard Sixth Form entry requirements
Learners will take six units made up of mandatory and optional units:
The summary of components is as follows:
Students will study the following mandatory units:
• Body Systems and the Effects of Physical Activity (external examination)
• Sports Coaching and Leadership (coursework leading coaching sessions)
• Sports Organisation and Development (external examination).
Students will also study the following units:
• Nutrition and Diet for Sport and Exercise (coursework)
• Organisation of Sports events (coursework, including organising 1 sports events)
• Physical Activity for Specific groups (coursework).
Sports related degrees, Sports Science, Coaching, teaching, Physiotherapy, Sports Statistics, Sports Psychologist, Recreational Management, Sport and Leisure Industry. This qualification is not just about being able to play sport, it will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education on a sport-related programme.
Mrs Webber, Miss Whiteside
Owned by: LSN | Last Published: 05/10/2019 15:10:22 | Next Update: N/A